AS LONG AS THE BOOK IS CLOSED PART 2 - The keys to knowing what has been written concerning your life




AS LONG AS THE BOOK IS CLOSED THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES (Part 2)

KEYS TO KNOWING WHAT IS WRITTEN CONCERNING YOUR LIFE

In my last write up titled, “as long as the book is closed, the struggle continues”, I talked and really emphasized on the significance of knowing what is written concerning your life in the book of destiny. I made us to realize that the essence of one’s life is contained in the book, and until one not only discovers it but also commit to fulfilling it, living is nothing but a struggle for survival. Having understood the critical importance of one’s understanding of what is written concerning one’s life, I want to show you how you can discover what has been written concerning you. These keys might not be exhaustive in themselves but I bet it with you, if you can faithfully and diligently apply them, you will have a testimony.

1.  Have a relationship with God

Friend, this might sound religious to you but I tell you, it is the fundamental requirement for you to have an understanding of your life purpose. Having a relationship with God is the first thing, as far as knowing what is written concerning your life is concerned, you must take steps to do. Your life is essentially nothing without God. You cannot see the book of your destiny unless you have a cordial relationship with the writer of the book. Many people deceive themselves into believing that they own their lives, and so they can do anything they want with it.
It not only baffles me, but also pains me when u see some people think that they don’t need God in their life. What they fail to realize is that God does not need us for anything but we need him for everything. You cannot afford to live your life here on earth without having a relationship with God. Not only does your fulfilling destiny here on earth depends on it; your eternity after your life on this earth does!
If there is anything that should be of paramount importance to you, it is knowing God and having a relationship with him. A man of God said, and I vehemently believe, that,“greatness is not a function of understanding principles and formulas or knowing how it works. It is a warfare.”. In discovering what is written concerning your life, having a relationship with God is not an option but a necessity. This is nothing but the truth. All other keys that are needed, and which I am going to unveil in this write up, are irrelevant if you don’t get this first key right. “seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, Jesus said, and all other things will be added to you”.

God the father himself is so much concerned about us having a relationship with him, knowing its essential significance to our lives here on earth and eternity there in heaven, that he had to pay a huge price (the greatest price ever to be paid) to get us back to him. He had to sacrifice his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, who himself is God being the second person of the God head. Jesus came primarily to restore us back to God by going to the cross to die for our sins and thereby redeeming us from sin which has held us captive for long, and reconciling us back to God who loved — and still loves — us.  The price for our salvation is so high that you can’t afford to by pass it and fulfill destiny or get to heaven. Never!
However, the interesting thing is that God has made it so simple for us to come back to him. Though, it costed him greatly but he makes it available to us freely. I want to tell you that God loves you, and he desires that you fulfill destiny and get to heaven. That is why he has provided salvation for you by grace. You don’t need to do anything to earn it. All you just need is to believe in the atoning work of Jesus Christ at Calvary, and repent of your sins. Thereafter, you begin to live an entire new, glorious and destiny fulfilling life. With a perfect, sinless, practically righteous relationship with God, you can know what has been written concerning your life.

Abraham never just slept, woke up and became the father of many nations. No sir! He had a relationship with God. A relationship which required him to leave his hometown with all the comforts and enjoyment it afforded him. On the basis of that relationship that he had with God, he was able to not only discover the great plans that God had for him (which he probably would never have envisaged in his wildest imagination), but also to be a central reference to the agenda of God throughout all ages, and most importantly to get to heaven at the end of his sojourning here on earth. Look at David, he didn’t just come out to face Goliath, he had a relationship with God. What about Moses, Daniel, Paul the apostle, Peter the former fisherman, our fathers in the faith both dead and living? They all had a relationship with God and this was what brought them into the realm of influence they (the living among them) are operating in today.

Having a relationship with God through his son Jesus Christ cannot be overemphasized in knowing the plans of God for your life. May I ask you this question? Do you really have a relationship with God at all? Wait, I know you are going to church and probably you were born into a Christian family but you know what? Those ones are irrelevant when it comes to knowing and understanding God personally. You must have a relationship with God. If you are yet to have any or maybe you once had but you already lost it, kindly go on your kneels now and surrender yourself to the only one who can save you. He holds the key to your relevance. Before looking at other keys, make sure you have settled this okay? Alright, Good.

 2. Willingness to know
Having established a relationship with God, you have successfully built the foundation upon which all other keys necessary to know God’s written document concerning your life will be founded. Then, another things is needed: willingness to know. I mean you must have a great desire to really understand what exactly has been written concerning your life. God says, “I know the thoughts that I think towards you, they are the thought of peace and not of evil that you might have an expected end”. God has great plans for your life but your access to it depends on how willing you are to know it. Mind you God is more than willing to reveal it to you than you are willing to know it. So, paying the price of passionately desiring to know does not mean God is not willing to show you. It only shows how serious you are with your life and how passionate, and determined you are in fulfilling God’s plans for your life. Another reason why this key is essentially needed is that by the time you begin to take the other steps (to be given soon), and it seems as if you are not getting it, you will not be quickly frustrated.
Also, your willingness to know will make you to strengthen your relationship with God the more and to obediently apply the other principles. I could remember a particular time in my life when I was bent on knowing God’s plan for my life. I was so much willing to know it that I began to search. I was so desperate that I began to read and search and pray. You need to be very willing and passionate to know. if you can be so much determined, then you are on the right track to discovering it.




3.  A commitment to diligent study of the word of God.
A glorious future is the one whose picture is discovered by revelation in the scripture. The word of God contains the plans of God for our lives. If you want to know what is written concerning you, you have to committedly dedicate yourself into studying the word. In it, God will speak to you concerning your life and destiny because the word of God is the primary way through which God speaks to his children.
When Jesus went to the synagogue to preach, the scriptures was given to him out of which he read to their ears what was written concerning him. “And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,   The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.” — Luke 4:17-18, 20.
He found exactly what was written concerning him. Listen, there is something written concerning you in the scriptures. I mean what specifically applies to you. But it only comes by revelation. What do I mean by that? It’s not what you can get by merely reading the Bible. You must study it meditatively. This is what brings revelation to you and suddenly like a light, you will just know exactly what God is saying concerning your life. Another person may read that same verse and not get anything but when you study it and it’s truly for you, your eyes of understanding will be enlightened and you will just know that this is being said about you.

The psalmist says the word of God, "... is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path” — Psalms. 119:105. From the word he got enough light through revelation which guided his feet and path in life. The word of God is light. Studying it gives you insights and revelation that will open up God’s plan for your life, mentor you into destiny and empower you for exploits. Show me a man of the word, and I will show you a man unto whom the secrets of God and the secrets of his destiny will be revealed. You have to be committed to studying the word of God diligently. Don’t just read the Bible haphazardly.  Study it systematically.
And you know what? To get revelation from the word of God, you must have an open heart — a heart willing to know. To such heart, insights will be revealed. One of my favorite scriptures is John 8:12. When I encountered that scripture during the course of my search for purpose and destiny, I got enough revelation that further intensified my desire, passion and willingness to know the plans of God for my life. It reads, “…Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” — John 8:12. In it I discovered that Jesus, whom I have made my personal lord and Savior (stressed the importance of that in the previous key) is the light of life. That means he has the knowledge of everything not only about life generally but also about my own life specifically. I found out that if i continue to follow him, never will I walk in darkness (ignorance) in respect to God’s plans and purpose for my life. I began to search further until the light of God’s plan for my life began to beam upon me.
You can’t understand what is written concerning your life if you are not an addicted student of the word of God. You must sit down with it and study it till you get light and revelation from it. If you have not gotten enough insights, stay with it. You will get it!

4. Cultivating a lifestyle of prayer

This key is more than essential to discovering God’s plan for your life. Prayer is not just the means of making petitions to God or getting gifts from God. No. Prayer is a means of communicating with God; not just to tell him your request, but mainly to know his mind. Great men of God whom we so much admire today encountered God in the place of prayer, and that enlightened them about what has been written concerning their lives. Show me a man of prayer and I will show you a man who has the key to life.
After God had assured us of a beautiful future in Jer. 29:11, he said in the subsequent verses, “Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” —Jeremiah 29:12-13. He requires us to call unto him in prayers. In Jer. 33:3, God says, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” — Jeremiah 33:3. You heard that? Great and mighty things which you know not about your life, your future and your destiny, God says, he will show to you. Friend, you must develop and cultivate a lifestyle of prayer not just the art of praying but a life of consistent prayer. If you don’t have an effective prayer life, begin to develop one for it is an indispensable key to discovering your book of destiny.

 5. Develop the habit of reading books

As much as you are studying the word of God, and you are praying, please cultivate the habit of reading inspirational books from proven men of God. God has commissioned them to mentor us into destiny. You never can tell, the secret to your life and destiny might just be in a paragraph in the page of a book. These men of God don’t just write. No. They write out of revelation. As a matter of fact, there are many things which God himself will not tell you but will direct you to get them from others. Read books. Instead of playing away your life in the name of whiling away time, sit down with books and begin to read. You can download many of them as soft copy on your phone. Books are very powerful and they have liberated many destinies. I can say confidently say that I got to understand what has been written concerning my life by reading books, having prayed and studiied the word of God. I made myself a student of books. I began to read and search. I can’t count the number of books I have read in my lifetime. I have been so much enlightened through books. One of the books that launched me into fulfilling purpose was “the purpose driven life”, by Rick Warren. I suggest you read the following books, ‘Destiny step into your purpose’, by Bishop TD jakes; ‘following God’s plan for your life; ‘unleashing your purpose’ by Myles Munroe; ‘understanding your potentials’ by Myles Munroe as well.  Try and download and read them. You can as well message me on whatsApp, and I will send them to you.

  6. Waiting.

Don’t be in a hurry. Just wait patiently on God. I said earlier that God is more willing to show you than you are even willing to know. It’s possible you might not be getting answers as you want. Just wait! Knowing what is written concerning your life is not a day job. It’s an issue of your life and destiny. So, it’s not what you can get to understand in a day. No matter how long it takes, my friend, Just wait. It is worth it! The scriptures says, “Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” — PS. 37:7. Yes, you have been praying, studying the word, reading books but it seems as if nothing is coming. You know what you will do? Just wait and continue the search. That’s why I emphasized the significance of your willingness to know earlier. If your desire to know it is so strong, nothing will deter and discourage you from waiting.

I like you to faithfully apply these keys and you will by God’s grace, understand what is written concerning your life in the book of destiny. Take your life very serious. It means a lot to God. Generation coming behind you are waiting for your fulfillment of destiny. If you don’t fulfill your purpose in life, you will deprive them. Enough of playing away your life. Enough of living without purpose, plans and vision. It’s time to live and not just exist. It’s time to understand your essence in life. It’s time to discover who you are (identity), what you can do (potentials), where you are from (origin), why you are here (purpose) and where you are going (destiny). Will you rise up to take responsibility for your life now? I hope to see you living your dreams, fulfilling your purpose, and living for Christ righteously and holily. And don’t forget that, “when purpose is not discovered, living becomes nothing but a struggle for survival”
Thanks so much for your time

I am Olakunle Orimaye Paul
I teach. I write. I inspire.
WhatsApp no :08100624927
I want to believe you have been tremendously blessed by this write up, kindly drop your comment in the comment box below. God bless you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Keys to becoming a person of value : The case study of the proverb 31 woman

21/21: understanding the key to relevance in this age and time.

WHO ARE YOU?